Car Mode

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Car Mode

New postby jimmyk001 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am

Can't seem to access the "new" car mode feature using ver 3.0 on my BB Tour. The option doesn't appear under the General Settings tab. Before this upgrade, the playback buttons were a reasonable size. Now they are tiny. I presume this Car Mode feature puts them back to the reasonable size, but like I said, I can't access that feature. Please help.
jimmyk001

Re: Car Mode

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Jimmy,

Right now the car mode is limited to touch devices (the option won't even show up on non-touch ones).

For your phone (any any non-touch phones) there are keyboard shortcuts to perform all of the actions. The top left keys are rewind (q,w, etc). The top right are ff (o, p, etc). Space toggles pause. Does that work for you? (I made them smaller on non-touch devices to encourage the kb shortcuts, which should be easier to navigate in a car (since you can do it without looking)).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby JimmyK on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 am

Marcus, thanks for the reply. I will try the "keyboard" approach. Unfortunately, the keys on my BB Tour are very close together, maybe you can make the playback functions large again on a future version.

BTW, unrelated issue: since the new download, I cannot get anymore "Down Range Radio" episodes. All else seems to be downloading ok. I deleted and reinstalled, still does not work. I did notice that when I added it back, the screen says "last updated 12 days ago" which is not correct since less than a week ago a download was available in itunes. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.
JimmyK

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am

Hi Jimmy,

That podcast should be fixed in 3.0.2, can you try that and let me know?

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jimmyk001 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 am

Down Range Radio working again. Thanks Marcus.
jimmyk001

Return to Bugs and help