"Select output" causes OS 5.0 device to reboot (3.0.0)

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

"Select output" causes OS 5.0 device to reboot (3.0.0)

New postby ehart on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi,

Using a Bold 9700, recently upgrade Podtrapper to version 3.0.0.

Choosing "Select Output" and then choosing the bottom choice ("Headset Handsfree") and then attempting to play a podcast causes an immediate reboot of the device. Trying to play again causes another reboot. You have to go to Select Output after a reboot, and change to any other setting, before trying to play a podcast.

To be honest, I think the bug may just be that the last choice even shows up. I'm not sure what "headset handsfree" means actually. There are separate "headset" and "handsfree" choices which seem to make more sense.

Eric
ehart

Re: "Select output" causes OS 5.0 device to reboot (3.0.0)

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Eric,

Thanks for letting me know. A reboot is generally a media player bug (an app can't force a reset, generally). Interesting that it cropped up now. One of the hacks I put in to help CDMA devices must be triggering a bug on GSM ones. Does one of the other output methods do what you want? (Basically, is it safe for me to remove that method altogether?)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ehart on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Marcus,

If it helps, I was at the immediately prior released version of Podtrapper (2.97?) before upgrading to 3.0.0.

I was just trying the output mode to see what it does (maybe it does BOTH the headset and the device's speaker at the same time?). If that's what it does, I personally can live without it.

A bit off the topic, but I was playing around because lately the "OS Managed" setting for "Select Output" has stopped working for me. It used to be that if I unplugged my headphones, the speaker in the device started playing, and vice-versa, if I plugged the headphones in, they activated and the speaker turned off. Which was perfect for me. But now the BB doesn't notice whether or not I have the headphones plugged in, and I have to select "headset" or "handsfree" manually every time I want to switch between them.

This didn't start with a Podtrapper upgrade. It was working fine with 2.97 and then just stopped working. The only thing I can think of is that I have been using a different headset lately. I'll try the old headset and see if it's any better.

Best,

Eric
ehart

New postby ehart on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Just a note that while the "headset handsfree" bug is real, my problem with detecting headsets seems to have been caused by the particular headset i was using.
ehart

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Ok, so another headset started working? (Still trying to determine what I may have changed with the select output stuff)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help