Show files in Media Player

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Show files in Media Player

New postby milldawg on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm on the latest beta for 5.0. I can't seem to get the files to NOT show up in Media Player. In the past, I would toggle the selection to on and then off and it would take care of it. Now even after a toggle, files still show up in Media Player. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
milldawg

Re: Show files in Media Player

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 am

The newer OS versions are changing how they index things, keeping them for longer even when they aren't there. If you try to play one of the files it shows, does it let you?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby milldawg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 pm

No. Some I could play, but others I could not: "An error has occurred attempting to play media." Actually, the ones that played I noticed I actually had an mp3 file in the Media Sync folder for those podcasts. Not sure how those got over there.
milldawg

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Hmm, they may be doing something weird. Do you notice a pattern to when they show up in there?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Andi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm

This is happening to me also. Some files stay in my blackberry media player, some I can delete and some I can't. I noticed this because it was not downloading new episodes when listened to episodes were deleted. They seem to take up memory when they are deleted from podtrapper but still stay in my blackberry media player.
Andi

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am

If you toggle the 'show in media player' setting, save, and then do it again, sometimes it helps remove them from the media player's scanner. I'm looking into better solution to keep them hidden, but so far no luck :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby andi on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm

This needs to be fixed immediately! My media card is 99% full, I can't even take a picture. If this is not fixed soon, I will have to delete podtrapper. This is causing more problems than it is being a helpful app.
andi

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Hmm, them showing up in the media player should be totally separate from the space issue. That's caused by the BB locking the files when PT goes to delete them. You can clear that up (usually) by using the file pruner. Settings -> Storage Settings -> [Menu] Prune orphaned files. Let me know if not.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby andi on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 am

Thank you, that seems to have solved the problem.
andi

Return to Bugs and help