PT hang

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PT hang

New postby EndingPop on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm seeing something similar (possibly the same) of a previous bug. Essentially when I have a video podcast playing and I get a phone call the podcast pauses as normal. Then sometimes when the call is ended it attempts to start up again. I haven't figured out exactly when it tries to start and when it doesn't. Sometimes, when it tries to play after the call, it will get stuck. That is, when viewing the PT app I only see a black screen like what the media player displays for a brief moment before actually starting playback. I don't know of a way to kill an application on BB, so I end up doing a hard reset to be able to use PT anymore.

Before, I was seeing the video start and then stop and the whole device froze. This is different in that I can still use the device, just not PT, and the video never starts, just the blank media player screen.

This happens on Blackberry, details in sig.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

Re: PT hang

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Hmm. Can you try the red button workaround? (Hold the red 'end' button to put the phone in standby [which forces the media player closed]) Let me know if that frees it up. (If so I may be able to 'fix' it)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby EndingPop on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

As I mentioned in another thread the red button trick doesn't work for me. I have seen that in some cases hitting the mute rocker button twice will put me back to the playlist screen instead of the blank media player screen.

With the 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 I've been seeing an inability to stop a podcast by using the space bar as usual. The rocker button trick seems to work, and then after that the space bar works normally until I restart my BB again.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:51 pm

I've noticed some oddities too. Still working it out. They've been changing so much between releases it's hard to keep up, heh.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help