Video Keeps Crashing PodTrapper

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Video Keeps Crashing PodTrapper

New postby Splinter Cell on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 am

Not a big deal, just more of an FYI: When ever I play a video from this feed: http://feeds.theonion.com/OnionNewsNetwork within a few seconds into the video PodTrapper crashes and my BlackBerry reboots. I'm running OS v6.0.0.280 on my Bold 9650 and I remember this also happening on one of the 5.0 OSes. To overcome this I just select "Play in Native Player" from the menu within PodTrapper.

I've noticed some other feeds cause crashes, as well and some feeds don't? Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks for PodTrapper,
Chris
Splinter Cell

Re: Video Keeps Crashing PodTrapper

New postby brian on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:04 am

I don't know if this is related or not, but recently I've been having trouble with video playback as well. Once I get a video started, I can't get playback to stop. I used to hit the Esc key on my BlackBerry Bold 9700, but now the video keeps going. If I continue to hit keys indiscriminately it eventually stops playback and may even take me all the way out of Podtrapper. I've upgraded Podtrapper to the latest version (3.0.2) and also completely uninstalled and redownloaded it, but I still get the same result. I'm disappointed in this since up til now Podtrapper has performed very well and has been my favorite app on my BlackBerry, but this is making it impossible really to enjoy video podcasts. Any hints as to what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks
brian

New postby EndingPop on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 am

I've had the same issue as brian, except it's not everytime. In fact, it's probably less than 10% of the time. It seems to happen at the same time as the issue I mentioned in this thread.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Hmm, do you have 'Buffer Playback' turned on in 'Playback Settings'?

For the unstoppable video, I'm aware of it, but I haven't been able to figure out where it lies. I'm [not so] patiently awaiting an OS 6 release for my 9700, then I should be able to track it down. For now, there's a workaround in that if you hold the 'end' button (red button) and put the phone into standby it'll reset the video.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Brian on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 am

To provide a bit more info on when I started to notice this: I was on an earlier Podtrapper version than 3.0.2 (I don't know what version), and I was running 5.x on my Bold 9700. I had saved an audio podcast (I usually have mine set to delete upon listening, but I had toggled "preserved" on for that podcast). I went to that podcast and wanted to go back to the beginning. I think my keystrokes got ahead of Podtrapper and I crashed or froze up or something (I don't remember exactly what the behavior was) Podtrapper. I don't remember what my keystrokes were. Ever since then, I've been having trouble with video podcast playback. I thought I probably just messed something up in Podtrapper and expected to be able to resolve the problem by redownloading, but that didn't help. I then completely deleted Podtrapper and reinstalled, to no avail.

Pls clarify what you mean when you say "put the phone in standby." I assume the red key you refer to is the hang-up (or power off) key. Do you mean to hold down the red key while putting the phone into standby? So far I haven't gotten your work-around to work.

Thanks for working on this.
Brian

New postby marwatk on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:40 pm

If you hold the red button for long enough, the phone should power down. (This is for OS 6/Torch only, as far as I can tell)

Did you check out your buffer playback setting?

-marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby EndingPop on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm

The red button trick doesn't seem to work for me. PT is still in the same state after coming back from standby.

Also, I think it may be related to the "buffer playback" option. I hadn't seen the video get stuck in a while, but I turned on "Buffer playback" on it today and it happened again.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Crap. Ok, I'm still waiting for them to release 6.0 for the 9700, I should have a fix for it shortly after that.

-marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help