droid bluetooth

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

droid bluetooth

New postby ocorvera on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:23 pm

I have a droid that I am trying to use with podtrapper, everything works great except I cannot listen via bluetooth.....any suggestions? I have done research and found that it should do it automatically with android but I can find no joy. Please help.
ocorvera

Re: droid bluetooth

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Hmm, what type of headset are you using?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Cilraaz on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 am

If your bluetooth is not A2DP capable, Android won't force audio through it (only phone calls). The only work around that I've found is an application called Super BT Mono. It forces all sounds through the bluetooth (including a beep in your headset when your phone rings or you receive a notification). The downside is that it's $6 in the Market (after a 5 day trial).

Actually, I decided to check appbrain, and I've found a few others. There's Bluetooth Switcher for $2.99, Bluetooth Audio Widget for $2.73, and CarUI for $1.36. CarUI also has a Lite version that's free, presumably with ads. I can't speak to how well any of these work (if they even work at all), as I've only used Super BT Mono.

Hopefully the Android devs will put something in the OS that allows audio to go to non-A2DP headsets. It's really something that should be a default option.
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 am

This is something I'd like to add to PodTrapper itself, but it's very device-specific, so I've been holding off. It'll make it there eventually, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help