Android v3.0.3

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Android v3.0.3

New postby ronrule on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am

Lost my registration with the newest android update direct from the versatilemonkey website. Anyone else?
ronrule

Re: Android v3.0.3

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 am

Did you purchase via the android market? I was attempting to fix it, but I guess I broke it further. At any rate I re-published 3.0.2 soon after, that should work until I can get it corrected. Sorry about that.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ronrule on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah Marcus, I emailed you yesterday as well. I bought from the market, but I still get notifications within the app for updates from the site. Thanks.
ronrule

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Ah, ok. So what I figured out was that if my site has a newer version than the app market, the market will basically shut off your access, thinking you've somehow hacked it. Knowing that, I'll try to not let that scenario happen again. (Means that market users won't be able to beta test new versions, though :( )

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm

You might consider selling a second "app" that works like a key for the main PT app. That way you can have PT on the market at the "free" trail price and it can be at any version you want (if you want to beta test, don't use it from the Market). The purchase happens from the second app and its version never changes. Titanium backup works this way. Seems like a good work around when you want to offer a trial version and also a paid version. Just a thought.
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 am

This is a great idea! The only thing I'll have to figure out is how to auto-install the trial if they only purchase/install the 'key', but I think I can manage that. Thanks for pointing this out to me!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:24 pm

I think most people don't bother forcing the install of the trial app when the key is purchased. They assume if you purchase the key program, you have already downloaded and tested the trial version. Have a look at Titanium Backup in the Android Marketplace and see how they phrase things.
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm working on doing this. I have an added kink that since I've already published and sold PT, if I swap out the current app for just the key existing users are going to have a hard time figuring out what's up.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help