Deleted podcasts reappear

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Deleted podcasts reappear

New postby asfoo on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Happy long time Podtrapper user here. I am using 3.0.6 and am having an issue that didn't used to occur (although I believe it has been occuring for several beta iterations). I used to be able to delete all the played/unplayed episodes of a particular podcast; when I do it now, they occur again when the podcast is updated.

So, for example, let's say Podcast A has 20 episodes in its archive, and I auto-download 2. My list shows two downloaded and 18 undownloaded podcasts. I dont want any of these, and want the podcast to be off my main screen until a new episode is available/downloaded. I delete all the episodes. Next time its time for my podcasts to be updated, Podtrapper sees that Podcast A has 20 episodes and starts the whole process anew.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
asfoo

Re: Deleted podcasts reappear

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Hmm, that's definitely not supposed to happen. Is this on a BB? I'm unable to replicate this on my BB. Are you maybe hitting Alt+Del? (That will completely remove the record of the episode, so PT can't tell that it's already seen it).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby asfoo on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I never resolved this issue and have been sort of living with it, but I figured I'd try again. I am on a Blackberry 9700. When I wrote my first post I was using OS6, which I thought might have been the problem. I have since downgraded to OS5 and the problem persists. I thought maybe the problem was with my use of the beta version of PT, and figured a clean install would help, so I uninstalled the program and cleared out the podcast directory and reinstalled the release version. But alas, it still happens...

I'm not hitting alt-delete. I either hit delete, or select 'delete below.' No matter what I do, PT begins anew on the next update.

Thanks for any thoughts.
asfoo

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 am

Does this happen for every podcast, or just one or two in particular?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby asfoo on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:29 pm

All of them.
asfoo

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:30 am

:/

Do the 'new' episodes show up above the ones you've already downloaded? What keypresses are you using to delete the old ones?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help