Unable to access symbols when adding podcasts manually

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Unable to access symbols when adding podcasts manually

New postby briantlee on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

I am unable to access the "symbols" key when I am adding a podcast, which means I can't get to the equal key or other special keys. Sometimes I can get to "symbols" via the menu key, but this seems to be hit and miss. The result is that I'm not able to add some podcasts that I want to add. Is there a solution for this?

I have downloaded the beta version 3.0.6 of PodTrapper and still have the problem.
briantlee

Re: Unable to access symbols when adding podcasts manually

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Heh, that's a pretty big bug. I'll definitely get this fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting it! (As a workaround you should be able to type it into MemoPad or similar and paste it into PodTrapper).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby briantlee on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Unfortunately, the workaround is also not available since (at least afaik) there's no way to paste anything into the window if hitting the BB button doesn't bring up the menu (which it doesn't). Is there a hotkey alternative for paste (analogous to ctrl-V in a Windows app)? I've tried that and have been stymied by the fact that the menu key also usually seems to be disabled in this window. If the symbol isn't on the keyboard, it can't be accessed.
briantlee

New postby marwatk on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:49 pm

For the menu issue, it turns out that's BB OS 6 bug. Are you running 6? No hotkey for paste, as far as I know :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help