Problem with Pruning

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Problem with Pruning

New postby Cilraaz on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:27 am

I attempted to prune old files today, but was unable to do so. I received the message "It seems that somethign is odd about how PodTrapper was started, pruning is not safe." I'm not quite sure why this occurring, since I haven't changed any options in the last few weeks. Restarting the app or phone does not help. Is there any way to repair this? It's not a big problem for me, since I have more than enough space still available on my Droid 2, but I like to keep things tidy.
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

Re: Problem with Pruning

New postby marwatk on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Well, on the droid you shouldn't ever need to prune, unless there are bugs. Have you been pruning before? If so, does it actually delete files?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bbnewbie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

I too got the same message and I have a BB Tour. What's the dealio?
bbnewbie

New postby Cilraaz on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 am

marwatk wrote:Well, on the droid you shouldn't ever need to prune, unless there are bugs. Have you been pruning before? If so, does it actually delete files?

-Marcus

I had been able to successfully prune before. I believe it had cleared out some files. As I'd said, it's not a big deal if it doesn't work for one reason or another, as I still have 2.9GB free on my SD card. I just like to keep everything tidy.

[edit: Just for giggles, I decided to try pruning again this morning. The device hadn't been rebooted. PodTrapper hadn't even been restarted. It pruned just fine. I have no idea why. Oh well, thanks anyway.]
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

Return to Bugs and help