Android Force Close

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Android Force Close

New postby stewywerf on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm

First off let me start off by saying I absolutely LOVE Podtrapper!! I started with it on my Blackberry and I was so glad to see it on the Android platform. I've tried BeyondPod and Doggcatcher and none of them work the way I want them to. I love everything about Podtrapper and the thing that sets it apart is the custom playlist that you can create for yourself. It's simple, clean and straightforward.

One problem that I am bumping into with Podtrapper is that it often Force Closes me on my Android Motorola Droid X. It tends to happen when my screen goes to sleep or after a phone call. Sometimes it does it for no apparent reason at all. It happened on my stock phone before I rooted it. I hoped that rooting it and roming it would solve my problems but it didn't.

Thanks for this great product!!! Please help me fix it!
stewywerf

Re: Android Force Close

New postby hunberry on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Never happened to me on my android motorola cliq xt (roms 1.5, 2.1, rooted).
Have you looked at the phone log (with log cat, for example)?
hunberry

New postby stewywerf on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 am

hunberry wrote:Never happened to me on my android motorola cliq xt (roms 1.5, 2.1, rooted).
Have you looked at the phone log (with log cat, for example)?

Thanks for your reply! I'm kind of a novice. I'm not sure how to check the phone log or what you mean by "log cat"? Is log cat an app? I'll check for it.
stewywerf

New postby hunberry on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am

Yes, it is an application, and it is called CatLog.
hunberry

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:07 pm

There are actually a few places PT occasionally crashes. It's pretty rare, though, so I haven't released a fix yet. They'll all be fixed in the next release, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby stewywerf on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks Marcus!

I think my problem was that I was running low on memory. I adjusted the free memory program on the Liberty Rom and I haven't had any problems since. I also added a task manager to close out unused programs. Seems to be working.
stewywerf

Return to Bugs and help