BB Storm: PT require 3 button pushes to start/stop podcasts

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

BB Storm: PT require 3 button pushes to start/stop podcasts

New postby Kent Norton on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 am

I'm using a BB Storm 9950 with the latest OS (5.0.0.1000+). The other day I upgraded PodTrapper to the latest beta version. After that upgrade, several problems are now occurring:

1.) I use car mode for playing podcasts. When I start a podcast, the BB enters car mode. However, when I want to pause playing, I have to push the pause button THREE times to get the pause to work. I then have to push the play button three time to get the podcast to play. Note that I have my mute convenience button mapped to pause/play (a fantastic feature of PT) and it works the same way - 3 pushes required.
2) Playback for previous versions of PT were flawless with no digital artifacts. The new version periodically (every three to five minutes) "skips" playing about a second or so of content and instead makes a digital "skip" sound. Since I listen exclusively to people talking, I miss what they are saying. If I back the playback up (very difficult, see number 3), then the content that previously skipped plays fine.
3) The forward/reverse buttons in car mode don't appear to work properly at all, however there may be a magic number of pushes required to get it to work that I just haven't figured out.

I've upgraded daily from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10. I haven't yet tried 3.0.11 because the "fix" text didn't imply any fixes to BB other than the font size (which I kind of liked!).

Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Kent Norton

Re: BB Storm: PT require 3 button pushes to start/stop podcasts

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmm,

This one is new for me. I tried it on my storm here (only running 5.0.0.334, though) and I couldn't duplicate it. It could be a bad install. Can you try reinstalling and see if that helps?

The font thing can be re-adjusted in the new one, if you want, to replicate the old. (I believe it's 100%, instead of 80%)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Kent Norton on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 am

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I uninstalled Podtrapper and reinstalled (v3.0.0.15). I'm still having the same problem. Note that the problem exists whether car mode is enabled or not. Also note that I'm running OS 5.0.0.1015 which is the latest supported version (and likely the last) for the Storm2. Any other suggestions?
Kent Norton

New postby marwatk on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Can you shoot me a copy of your logs after seeing this? My guess is they broke something in the latest OS release, but I may be able to work around it. The closer you send the logs to after you experience it the better.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help