PodTrapper 3.0.6 on BB 9700/5.0.0.979 Video Problem

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PodTrapper 3.0.6 on BB 9700/5.0.0.979 Video Problem

New postby ljfong on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi,

I just upgraded recently to 3.0.6 from 3.0.5 and I started having the following problem.

When I play a movie in PodTrapper, occasionally the movie cannot be paused by pressing space button. PodTrapper becomes non-responsive and the movie continues to play. Pressing and holding the menu button brings up the task switcher and I can switch to the home screen. After I switch to the home screen, the movie seems to continue playing where I can hear the voice as usual. I can switch back to PodTrapper and continue watching the movie as normal. However, at this point, it seems to me that PodTrapper thread itself has hung up and can no longer respond to user inputs, while the movie player thread is just doing its thing, no longer associated to PodTrapper. Out of curiosity, I let the movie plays till the end, and I end up with a blank screen -- the movie has ended. Can switch back and forth between the home screen and PodTrapper normally. PodTrapper still runs but no longer responsive -- blank screen if I switch to PodTrapper. As BlackBerry does not allow any kind of task manager, the only recourse at this point is a battery pull or three-button soft reset. Any idea?
ljfong

Re: PodTrapper 3.0.6 on BB 9700/5.0.0.979 Video Problem

New postby ljfong on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

A few more problems to add:
- When I pause a video playback, and unpause it again, only blackscreen is shown, the audio is running but video fails to appear.
- When I start a video playback, occasionally the video won't show, only the audio plays and I am still on PodTrapper status screen for the video, as if it were just an audio podcast.

Looks like video playing on this latest release is broken now for OS 5 (due to fix for OS 6?).
ljfong

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Can you try grabbing the latest beta:

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

If any of these are still present (they shouldn't be), definitely let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ljfong on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:55 am

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the response. I just upgraded to 3.0.12 beta and the problem seems to be fixed now. I will try some more for the next few days and let you know if the problem still exists in some form.
ljfong

Return to Bugs and help