was working yesterday

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

was working yesterday

New postby mudguts on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 am

yesterday, when podtrapper was podtrapper, everything was working fine on my BB9780 OS6.
Today, it said that podtrapper had an upgrade and became versatilemonkey podtraper..

and it doesn't work.

after downloading the 'new' version, it rebooted my phone and not only are all my podcasts gone but it keeps saying that:
"Podtrapper has detected that permissions are set that podtrapper may have trouble operating, would you like to fix this?" yes/no
I choose yes
it's asking for my 'personal information' which I uncheck.
I've done this 67 times.
so on the 68th time, I click okay.

now it's running..

but.. why is my personal information needed??? and why is the option there to uncheck it if it's NOT going to work unless I do check it?
mudguts

Re: was working yesterday

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi there,

The permissions are a bit wonky (it's a bb thing), but you can find out why each are needed
here. They've changed the wording on some, but the meanings haven't really changed.

The permissions window itself is controlled by the OS, and is meant to let you control a given apps permissions, but PT requires a few, and can't function without them. So I'd love to make them not editable on that screen, but it's not possible.

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: was working yesterday

New postby mudguts on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 pm

works for me.
thanks
does this app ever go on sale through crackberry or anything like that? when they have the 50% off deals?
mudguts

Return to Bugs and help