Issues I am having

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Issues I am having

New postby diffused on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am

I have a BB Curve 8330 with 4.3 OS.

1.New episodes don't seem to want to update.
2.It seems to struggle for hours to pull something in. When I 'view episodes', sometimes it will have the same Title Bar listed 5X and even in one case it would keep downloading and deleting the same episode over and over. Soft reset to fix.
3. When the above happens, the BB gets warm to the touch.( battery? )
4.Then, many times I will try to EXIT only to get the 'save data' bar counting up, nonstop. Again hit the red key and do soft reset fix.
5.Tonight I just plain couldn't exit out so, hit the red key and soft reset fix.
6.I have been able to hear some Podcasts like MP3 and even view a rare videocast! It will download M4a's/ipod but will not play then even in BBMP.
7.Sometimes an episode will not play in the Podtrapper so I will begin in BBMP, stop and go back to Podtrapper and it can begin to be played fine.
8.Having some trouble deleting episodes esp. if it is trying to download more episodes. Again, soft reset fix.
9.When it is playing a pod or trying to download, I can use many other apps. But it's sluggish and lots of times I will get the hourglass. Best not to try to do more than just listen to Podcasts.
10.It still shows up in my media player along with the thumbnails, even tho I checked NO in the menu.

Just how are the podcasts scheduled to come in? If it's weekly, when, during the week, are they available OTA. 24/7 or only certain times of the day/night?
Will I have to leave the app open in the background all the time in order to receive them?
Lastly, what do the blue arrows on the title page mean?

Thanks, and I hope this info can be helpful. I use the Podtrapper everday and will continue to experiment and post my results.
Thank you.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: Issues I am having

New postby marwatk on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi diffused, can you check which version of PodTrapper you're using? (In the About screen from the main screen menu). This'll help me with my response.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 pm

It's 1.6.3.
Thanks
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Well, that's disconcerting :/

To help fix some of these, can I get you to download 1.6.5? It's in beta right now, but has some stuff that may help me diagnose it.

1.New episodes don't seem to want to update.

Next time you notice this happening can you shoot me a message from PodTrapper including the logs? (It's all on one screen now).

2.It seems to struggle for hours to pull something in. When I 'view episodes', sometimes it will have the same Title Bar listed 5X and even in one case it would keep downloading and deleting the same episode over and over. Soft reset to fix.

Same thing goes for this one, I should be able to see in the logs what's forcing the redownload (I have a suspicion, but I want to make sure).

3. When the above happens, the BB gets warm to the touch.( battery? )

:/ Sounds like it's stuck in a really fast infinite loop, the logs will help here again.

4.Then, many times I will try to EXIT only to get the 'save data' bar counting up, nonstop. Again hit the red key and do soft reset fix.

This should be fixed in 1.6.5, it has an 'Exit Now' button in case that ever gets hung up. I also added a keyboard shortcut for exiting if the menus aren't working (Hold ALT and type quit).

5.Tonight I just plain couldn't exit out so, hit the red key and soft reset fix.

Same here.

6.I have been able to hear some Podcasts like MP3 and even view a rare videocast! It will download M4a's/ipod but will not play then even in BBMP.

Unfortunately if a media file doesn't work in BBMP it also won't work in PodTrapper :(

7.Sometimes an episode will not play in the Podtrapper so I will begin in BBMP, stop and go back to Podtrapper and it can begin to be played fine.

When this happens can you send the logs over to me?

8.Having some trouble deleting episodes esp. if it is trying to download more episodes. Again, soft reset fix.

Does this happen when you try to delete episodes themselves, or a whole podcast?

9.When it is playing a pod or trying to download, I can use many other apps. But it's sluggish and lots of times I will get the hourglass. Best not to try to do more than just listen to Podcasts.

I have a feeling something else is going on on your phone specifically, you should be able to listen to audio podcasts with very little impact to your berry. Can you let me know what OS and Model you're using?

10.It still shows up in my media player along with the thumbnails, even tho I checked NO in the menu.

Does more than one episode show up there? It could be a result of the battery pulls, it didn't get a chance to rename them back. You can make them disappear by setting them to show in media player, saving, then setting to not show again. I'll put this on my list of todo's to check for ones that need to be renamed back.

Hopefully we'll get all/most of these fixed...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help