Prune Orphans issue (Maybe just a hiccup)

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Prune Orphans issue (Maybe just a hiccup)

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 am

Hi, Marcus,

I emailed you from my Thunderbolt along with the log about an odd issue. It seems to have been a one time thing but maybe the logs will reveal more. When I updated from 3.0.15 to 3.0.16 I tried a Prune and got an error that said "it appears Podtrapper started in an unusual manner. Pruning is not safe at this time". Or words to that effect. A reboot of the device and a download of a few podcasts seems to have set all back to normal. Ran a Prune after the downloads finished. Got no error message and successfully pruned one file.

Just thought I'd throw it out here in case anyone else sees this error.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: Prune Orphans issue (Maybe just a hiccup)

New postby marwatk on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 pm

It all comes back to the download queue hanging up I believe. Should be fixed in .17 (not out yet), but if you see quirkiness in that or later let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Prune Orphans issue (Maybe just a hiccup)

New postby cadzilla74 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 am

Cool. Thanks for the heads up and the e-mail reply. The HTC folks and VZ's LTE network still have a few bugs to work out themselves. Expecting at least a few patches from HTC to improve a few things in both SENSE UI and power handling. Also expect Verizon to get the handoff from LTE to 3G smoothed out. At least there are a few workarounds to manually force 4G off or even switch the phone over to the standard RevA 3G coverage when needed. But it shouldn't be needed. LOL
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Return to Bugs and help