Reloading old episodes with latest PodTrapper versions

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Reloading old episodes with latest PodTrapper versions

New postby pmander on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Marcus,
Since updating to the latest PodTrapper releases released in the past week or two I see that PodTrapper is downloading again episodes that I have listened to or deleted. There are some podcasts that I have listened to for many months and now they have filled up again with old episodes and duplicates of episodes. This appears to be a new behaviour as I have been using PodTrapper successfully since October. I use PodTrapper 3.0.20 on a BB 9800 Torch with OS 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105).

1) Is there an issue with the latest versions that might be causing this? I am guessing that the database has been corrupted.
2) When I listen to an episode and it is automatically deleted, how long will PodTrapper remember that I have listened to the episode and not download it again?
3) If I delete an episode without listening to it will PodTrapper remember that this is an unwanted episode and not download it again?

Cheers,
Paul
pmander

Re: Reloading old episodes with latest PodTrapper versions

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi Paul,

It should only do this when they change the published URL for an episode (publishers occasionally move stuff around). If it's happening a lot for a certain podcast, switching its 'Match mode' to 'Title' instead of 'URL' should help. That's not to say it could be a bug, though.

PT keeps a record of episodes as long as they remain in the feed. Or at least it should. This behavior did slightly change recently, though, so it's possible it got screwed up. The easiest way to check is to switch the view mode for a podcast to 'View Deleted'. That will show greyed out versions of the episodes PT is still tracking.

Can you check that out and let me know if you still think there's a bug? (Totally possible)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help