Stuck on "Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB"

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Stuck on "Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB"

New postby MrSimmonsSr on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 am

Marcus, quick question for you...

Today, while I had Podtrapper connected to the Desktop Downloader, my phone rang and I instinctively unplugged the USB cable when answering it. This occurred while it was in the middle of downloading some podcasts..

Ever since then I haven't been able to download with the Desktop Downloader. (I only use it since my device has only EDGE network capability.. Yuck!) I have exited and restarted the Desktop Downloader application, and have exited and restarted Podtrapper on my Blackberry (Curve 8310), but I still get stuck at the message that says, "Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB" in the desktop app. It never says the client connected and it always says "Paused: no coverage available" in the download status on the blackberry.

I'm about to restart my PC and hope that clears up whatever USB issue I'm having, but I wanted to make you aware of the problem before I did so.. I'll post again to let you know if the reboot resolved anything..

Thanks for all you do!

MrSimmonsSr
MrSimmonsSr

Re: Stuck on "Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB"

New postby MrSimmonsSr on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 am

Marcus,

As a follow-up, I wanted to let you know that rebooting the PC didn't resolve the issue. At that point, I decided to yank the battery on my Blackberry and that seemed to resolve the issue. So I guess that means that yanking the USB cable while PodTrapper was downloading (through the Desktop Downloader) created some issue within the context of the Blackberry app that caused the Podtrapper application to not be able to connect to the Desktop Downloader anymore via the USB cable. Exiting and restarting the PodTrapper application did not resolve this state, I had to actually reboot the Blackberry to resolve the problem..

Just an FYI. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to address the limitation, but in the mean time if there is anything I can do to help debug it, please let me know. I'll be happy to try to collect some debugging output for you, if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Del
MrSimmonsSr

Re: Stuck on "Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB"

New postby marwatk on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Unfortunately if restarting PodTrapper and restarting the Desktop Downloader didn't fix it, my guess is it has to do with the usb driver in the BB OS. I'll definitely look into it, but for the most part it should handle pulling from USB no problem. Definitely let me know if you run into it again.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help