Episodes spontaneously removed from playlist

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Episodes spontaneously removed from playlist

New postby danep on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 am

I have all of my podcasts automatically adding to a default playlist. When new episodes are downloaded, they are automatically added- no problem there.

However, if I stop listening in the middle of an episode, and come back to Podtrapper a while later, the episode I was just listening to will most likely have been spontaneously removed from the playlist, and the next episode in the playlist is 'now playing'! Note that the last episode still exists, and is paused where I left it, it's just no longer on the playlist.

Sometimes it's even worse- today for instance, about ten episodes were randomly removed from the playlist.

I'm not sure what could cause this. I think the only settings I've enabled since installing are auto-stop and playback buffering. I also connect and disconnect from bluetooth devices (headset and car) quite frequently, although I don't always use Podtrapper in those cases.
danep

Re: Episodes spontaneously removed from playlist

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Hmm, is this on BB or Android? My guess is that your'e seeing the errant 'End of Media' issue present on the latest BB OS devices. Basically the device reports it hit the end of the media, even if it's only half way done. I have it on my todo list to detect when it's not close to the end and ignore that message.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby danep on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Marcus, thanks for the reply- this is on Android 2.2, Podtrapper 3.0.20. I've since disabled auto-stop for unrelated reasons, and this problem has not recurred, so I suspect the two are related.
danep

New postby EndingPop on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:39 pm

I don't know if this is related, but on Android I'm seeing that if I pause any podcast (audio or video) during the last minute it will go ahead and treat it as complete. I have it set to automatically delete podcasts once finished, so in effect it deletes the podcast if I pause it during the last minute.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

Return to Bugs and help