Android: PT won't "see" my SD card

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Android: PT won't "see" my SD card

New postby JayAaroBe on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 pm

First, let me say that I've been using PT for BlackBerry for a long time and I love it so thank you so much for such a great product.

Here is the problem I'm having: I just got the Droid Bionic (which runs Android obviously). It comes with 16GB of internal memory, plus you can put in a MicroSD card for additional space. So when I first got it, I had not yet inserted my MicroSD card b/c I was waiting for it to arrive in the mail, but I wanted to begin using Podtrapper. So let me reiterate: I had no MicroSD card inserted, but the phone has 16GB of internal memory. So I installed podtrapper to the internal memory and everything was working perfectly. I was even able to plug my phone into my Windows 7 computer with a USB cable and the phone was recognized as a 16GB drive that I could drag and drop files to and from. For example, I created a folder on the phone called "My Manually Added Audiobooks", and I put the mp3 files of an audiobook into that folder. Then I unplugged my phone from my computer, opened up Podtrapper, clicked "Browse Other Files...", and located my folder called "My Manually Added Audiobooks" and I was able to play the mp3 files with Podtrapper. So far, so good. Now here's where the problem comes in.

I inserted a MicroSD card into the phone and once again connected it to my Windows 7 computer with a USB cable. As predicted, I was able to drag and drop some mp3 files onto the MicroSD card. Then I disconnected it from my computer, opened Podtrapper, and when I click "Browse Other Files...", Podtrapper will not "see" the MicroSD card. If I use another media player program on my phone, I can play those mp3 files on the MicroSD card. So why won't Podtrapper allow me to browse to those files? It will only "see" the files that are on the internal memory, as mentioned above (before I inserted the MicroSD card).

I hope that wasn't confusing. Do you guys understand what I'm talking about? And if so, does anyone know what the problem is? Why won't Podtrapper "see" the MicroSD card or any of its files, but other programs on my phone are able to?

Any help is much appreciated.
Currently using Podtrapper on the Droid Bionic
JayAaroBe

Re: Android: PT won't "see" my SD card

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Get Astro File Manager FREE from Android Market. You have 2 options here and I recommend option 1.

1. Delete and reinstall PodTrapper so that it creates a PodTrapper Folder on your SD Card by itself. Then redownload your unlistened podcasts.

2. Use Astro to create a Folder named PodTrapper on your SD Card. Then COPY the current downloads from internal memory to the new Folder. Then go into PodTrapper settings and point the app under the Storage Options in the Settings Menu to your new SD Card Folder named PodTrapper.

Really option 1 is the easiest way to do this. Especially if you're on a wifi connection at home. After reinstalling PodTrapper and letting it set up a Folder on the SD Card by itself you can just kick back and let everything redownload while you have a cold one.

Or Marcus may respond with a trick to set up the new PodTrapper Folder on your SD Card using Astro and then run a Restore from within the app and point the Restore to the new Folder. I'm not sure how to pull that one off though.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby JayAaroBe on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Damn. I was afraid of that. I was hoping there was an easier way but I knew that if nothing else I could start all over on the MicroSD card. It's kind of like having to reinstall Windows when it's messed up beyond repair. Well, it's gonna take a while to start from scratch and get everything back to the way it is now, but I guess there's no other way. Oh well, thanks anyway.
JayAaroBe

New postby JayAaroBe on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am

Ok, I really need help. I tried doing option 1 that you recommended. I deleted all the podcasts and uninstalled PodTrapper, and then tried to reinstall it to the SD card. However, it installed itself to the internal memory again and I don't know how to get it to go on the SD card. Any help is much appreciated, I would like to get this resolved ASAP so I can resume using PodTrapper. To reiterate: I am starting from scratch. I want to install PodTrapper so that it uses the SD card, NOT the internal memory. How do I do this? Thanks.
JayAaroBe

New postby JayAaroBe on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Anyone? Please?
JayAaroBe

New postby JayAaroBe on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 am

Seriously? 300+ views and nobody says anything? I can't emphasize enough how great PodTrapper is, but if I can't get it to work properly then it's not work diddly squat. All I'm trying to do is use my microSD card instead of the phone's internal memory. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.
JayAaroBe

Return to Bugs and help