Audio output dies after using Voice Dialing

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Audio output dies after using Voice Dialing

New postby Jeff on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Not sure if this has been reported or not, but on my 8110 if I initiate a voice dial from my bluetooth upon hanging up the phone all audio output in podtrapper is gone. The only way I am able to restore any audio output at all is to restart my device, while not a huge problem, I've learned to work around it I wonder if there is anyway to address this issue?

If it matters I'm outputting the audio through a blackberry stereo gateway, and initiate the phone call from my jawbone headset.

Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff

Re: Audio output dies after using Voice Dialing

New postby marwatk on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Jeff,

Fundamentally this will be an issue with the blackberry OS's bluetooth support, but hopefully we can find a workaround that doesn't involve a reboot.

Are you able to select the handsfree output mode and make it work (or any others)? Handsfree/speakerphone is the most robust playback mechanism, it seems, so if we can make that work there may be hope in resetting the player, but if sound won't even come out of there it may not.

Alternatively, after that happens are you able to play a different podcast? How about if you launch it in BBMP?

These questions will help me figure out if I can add some mechanism (a 'Kick Player' menu option?) that will allow playback to resume without a restart.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Jeff on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Last time it happend, it didnt' matter what I did, change audio output between all of the available and switch it back, changing the podcast I was listening to, all was silent. I appologize that I couldn't tinker with it more but I usually only use the bluetooth option when I'm driving, and I have my blackberry mounted to my windshield to avoid feeling the need to tinker with it. I didn't think to try and play the podcast in BBMP I guess I should have tried that, but I do know that MiuTunes still worked even afer Podtrapper stopped playing audio. Not sure if that helps or not, wish i could be more help. Let me know if I can help to figure this out.

Jeff
Jeff

New postby marwatk on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah, definitely don't futz with it while driving, but I'd be interested in whether fully exiting podtrapper 'Menu->exit' and going back in fixes it if you're able to duplicate it outside of the car.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help