Major customer service problem

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Major customer service problem

New postby JayAaroBe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:23 am

Dear Versatile Monkey,

You have the opportunity to avert a major public relations disaster, all you have to do is give some kind of response indicating that you're LISTENING and not IGNORING YOUR CUSTOMERS.

First the quick summary, then more detail:

Quick summary:

-I tried PodTrapper and fell in love with it.
-I bought PodTrapper (in lieu of marrying it).
-I recommended PodTrapper to everyone I know. I was a self-appointed spokesperson for PT because I loved it so much.
-I switched from BlackBerry to Android and installed PT on my new Android phone.
-I encountered a serious issue that is preventing me from using it properly.
-I searched the website and forums but found nothing so I posted my problem on 2011-10-16. The suggested solution failed and I asked for help. Nobody responded.
-I again posted my problem to the forums on 2012-01-04. Nobody responded.
-I emailed support on 2012-01-05. Nobody responded (other than the automatic reply).

I have been very polite and patient, but I am at my wit's end. I am so frustrated and angry that I want to denounce it all, however I am willing to give Versatile Monkey one more chance to acknowledge, rather than ignore, a once-happy customer. What do I have to do to get someone's attention? Jump up and down and start yelling? I'm asking nicely. I've been very patient. Please.

More details:

Here is a copy of what I emailed to support on 2012-01-05 (That's January 5th, 2012):
"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, let me say that I've been using PodTrapper (PT) for BlackBerry
for a long time and I love it so thank you so much for such a great
product. I bought the full version and it was the best money I ever
spent on an app.

I really need help, though. I've tried getting help on the PT forums
but no help there.

Here is the problem I'm having: I just got the Droid Bionic (which
runs Android obviously). When I install , there is no way for me to
have PT use the microSD card, instead it is using the internal memory.
Even if I go into PT's storage settings and try to change the folder
path, I can't navigate to the microSD card because the "highest"
directory I can go to is /mnt which is on the Bionic's internal
memory. I cannot go "up" to a higher directory to select the microSD
card. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling PT but that did not
help. On my BlackBerry there was no problem using the MicroSD card.
And on my Bionic there is no problem using the MicroSD card with other
apps. I can browse the card, etc., but PT is not "acknowledging" that
the card is there or even giving me the option to use it.

Please advise, if someone can help me get this working properly I
would greatly appreciate it. I would like to get this resolved ASAP
so I can resume using PodTrapper. Thank you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

In summary, PodTrapper worked just fine with my microSD card on my BlackBerry, but now it won't work with a microSD card on my Android phone. This is a serious problem and if I can't get it fixed then PodTrapper is useless for me and I will have to find another podcast software to use, but I really don't want to do that because PodTrapper is an EXCELLENT podcast software and I love everything about it. I just want it to work. Please. That's all I'm asking.
Currently using Podtrapper on the Droid Bionic
JayAaroBe

Re: Major customer service problem

New postby JayAaroBe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Well, so much for getting Versatile Monkey's attention.

Even though I already paid for PodTrapper, I will pay anyone who can fix my problem. I promise. I will paypal you or however you want. It's not about the money. I just want this problem fixed so I can resume using PodTrapper. Is anyone out there? This is nuts!

I guess I've gotta start reviewing other podcast software since it's clear I'm getting nothing from VM which is basically saying to me "We already have your money so we don't need your patronage anymore, and we don't give a damn about you or our reputation so go F yourself Mr. Complaining Customer."
JayAaroBe

New postby SamM on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 am

Since you're getting no response with direct attempts with the developer, it appears Podtrapper may be nearing end of life. Other than some beta builds last spring, there have been no official releases in over a year. Marcus, the developer, has had little interaction here on the forum since last summer.

Like you, I've been using Podtrapper since its early releases on BlackBerry. I waited until it was available on Android before switching phones, and it is still the most used app on my (year+ old) G2. The app has some quirks here and there, but continues to function quite well - using the latest beta build from last spring, on a supported OS from that time.

As it is, without support from Marcus/VersatileMonkey, I understand Podtrapper may no longer function on any newer devices or updated Android OS. It would be great to get a status update at some point, but moving on to another app in the future may be necessary.

-SamM
SamM

New postby JayAaroBe on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Thank you for replying. You have no idea how frustrating it was to get no response. It was like a dream where you get hurt in a crowd of people, you're screaming for help, but nobody can hear you or see you.

The news about PodTrapper is upsetting but at least now I can move on and start looking for something else.

Thanks again for saving my sanity.
JayAaroBe

New postby SHKaminski on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:17 pm

I understand your frustration. My experience with PodTrapper is much like yours and SamM's--I used it on Blackberry, moved to Android where PodTrapper became one of my most-used apps.

But as SamM has said, Marcus hasn't been active here since last summer. Last April he became a father, and, understandably, his priorities may have changed. PodTrapper and his other apps have never been his "day job." I cannot fault him for having to spend time elsewhere.

Perhaps he'll pick it up again sometime. In the meantime, this past week i decided to try another app. It feels like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry goes to another barber.

I wish you success, Marcus!
SHKaminski

New postby AB- on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 pm

I definitely understand your frustration. Hopefully Marcus will pick up development again. As to your problem, are you running the latest beta 3.0.20? If not it is definitely worth trying it out to see if that will fix your problem. You can download it here: http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/PodTrapperA.apk I have a similar issue with my Rezound, but it is because HTC calls the internal storage 'sdcard' and the actual SD card 'sdcard2'. It doesn't bother me though because space is not an issue on the internal memory.
AB-

New postby crackberry4me on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Has anyone tried contacting Marcus on his Facebook site? http://www.facebook.com/marwatk I would but Podtrapper is still working great for me on my Blackberry.
crackberry4me

Return to Bugs and help