playlist issue

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

playlist issue

New postby mikew on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Marcus, we emailed about this back and forth over the weekend, but I wanted to throw it up on the forum as well to see if anybody else is having this problem.

I am using a curve 8330 with firmware version 4.3.0.127 and podtrapper version 1.6.7. Whenever I use the cool new auto playlist feature, podtrapper exits and has to be restarted. This has happened on several occasions. Podtrapper goes through "searching for new podcasts" but as soon as that process finishes, then I am returned to my blackberry home screen and Podtrapper has to be restarted (which is currently taking like 25 minutes to start).

I have found that if I am currently playing a file, then the auto playlist generation works just fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

BTW. The auto playlist works great. I love how you can set priorities on podcasts and further arrange them by date. I currently have it set up to arrange by priority first, then by date, then by name. That way, I can listen to my oldest podcasts first before moving on to the new hotness, but still prioritize the ones I want to listen to first. GREAT FEATURE!
mikew

Re: playlist issue

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 pm

It's definitely a memory issue, and I have a feeling it relates to how many podcasts/episodes you have on your device.

I knew I'd have to optimize for memory eventually, I was just hoping to put it off for a while. The root of the issue (usually) is that some podcasts keep all of their old episodes in the feed, which is overkill, mostly. PodTrapper hard codes the limit per-podcast at 150 episodes, but I may need to tweak that or add a global limit on total number of episodes.

At any rate, I'll add it to the list and have something for the next release (crashing is definitely not an option) :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mikew on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 am

Thank you!
mikew

New postby marwatk on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi mike,

I just pre-released 1.6.12, wanna check it out and let me know?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help