A few issues with 1.6.7

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

A few issues with 1.6.7

New postby diffused on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Hello again,
Have had GREAT success with this update and am enjoying a lot of new Pods and episodes.
A few things happened that I will point out.

1. I'm still having the files that get downloaded, show up in my media; specifically when I click 'explore', all the episodes and thumbnails are there as file names. When I click on camera, photos, podtrapper, all the thumbnails are there for viewing.

2. When I click on the PodTrapper icon it opens to a progress bar to 91% and freezes for approx. 10 seconds before opening.

3. Today as it was pulling in some episodes, I deleted a certain podcast and the progress bar labeled, 'delete episodes' went non-stop. I eventually did a soft reset and then it was OK.
That's it. These are minor in my estimation but thought you would like to know. Thanks!
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: A few issues with 1.6.7

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm glad this version is finally fairly stable, too :)

diffused wrote:1. I'm still having the files that get downloaded, show up in my media; specifically when I click 'explore', all the episodes and thumbnails are there as file names. When I click on camera, photos, podtrapper, all the thumbnails are there for viewing

Yeah, the thumbnails are still jpg's on the sd card, I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet. I will be, though, soon.

diffused wrote:2. When I click on the PodTrapper icon it opens to a progress bar to 91% and freezes for approx. 10 seconds before opening.

What's happening here is it's calculating the numbers to display for each podcast (and going through each episode to do so). I've sped up the process considerably in the version I have here (will be releasing this weekend). Hopefully you'll see an improvement.

3. Today as it was pulling in some episodes, I deleted a certain podcast and the progress bar labeled, 'delete episodes' went non-stop. I eventually did a soft reset and then it was OK

Every time I think I'm done fixing that it crops back up again :) I'll get it fixed in the next release (until next time, anyway)

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help