can I reset my storage directory?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

can I reset my storage directory?

New postby mrcoyote on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Running 1.7.1(?) of podtrapper (downloaded yesetrday).. and blackberry storm with .103 OS - everything is running great and podtrapper is working great including video playback.

however, I think over the past few versions, some quirks have happened and now I've got lots of podcasts 'visible' to BBMP.

Can I just wipe the contents of my podtrapper storage folder and let podtrapper re-download podcasts? i've got 3 gb of podcasts in that folder, and I really don't think there is that much 'listed' in podtrapper as available for playback.

Thanks!
mrcoyote

Re: can I reset my storage directory?

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah, this is another thing on my list of stuff to do, clean up old stuff in that dir.

Bugs in the old versions have cause orphaned files for some people. You can force a switch to all files that podtrapper is still tracking by exiting podtrapper, going back in, not playing anything, then going to settings and setting "Show in BBMP" to true and saving. This will rename all files. Then you do it again and set it to no, saving again. This will rename everything back to .dat.

Then, if you exit PodTrapper, you should be able to delete anything in that folder that doesn't have the .dat extension. Or, alternatively, because I only *think* that everythign without a .dat extension is important, you can post the list of stuff you have and I can tell you if it's safe to delete.

Hope this helps!

(Worst case scenario you have to redownload some podcasts if you delete a file in there podtrapper is still tracking, you'll never lose your podcast subscriptions and playback status by deleting files, they're stored in internal BB memory).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help