Issues with 1.7.1

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Issues with 1.7.1

New postby diffused on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 am

Installation went fine.
1. Upon listening to an episode, when the progress bar reaches about 60%, it runs to 100% listened. I can back it up and continue where I left off and it plays to the end OK. This happens to other podcasts as well so I don't think it is a corrupt channel. It was doing this on the previous update install also. I believe it was also downloading in the backgound at the same time.

2. I can hear message alerts while playing; it pauses and resumes fine except the volume returns about a notch or two lower everytime.

3. The PodTrapper icon changes with the install of new themes.

Everything else seems to work fine including deleting episodes. They are so many more options, its starting to confuse my simple mind. ;)
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: Issues with 1.7.1

New postby diffused on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Today I listened to a whole lot of different poscast without any of the stopping and run-on to 100% listened. I still get the problem with the volume level dropping a notch or two after a pause. :D
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah, the dropping volume thing is for storm users, I have to come up with a better fix there (or hopefully remove it completely when they release an OS that makes it unnecessary).

The issue is that some Storms don't keep the audio setting across playback/pause, and require changing the volume in order to hear anything, so PodTrapper is always slightly adjusting the volume after a pause to get it to play on the Storm.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby dtroll on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 am

1.17.1 was working fine with my Blackberry Bold until I went to the web browser. I received error messages stating a restart was needed. I did a manual reset on the phone. Things went haywire and failed the startup tests. I uninstalled podtrapper, reboot and everything was fine. I cannot use podtrapper until this is remedied. :x
dtroll

New postby chuvisco on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 am

Hi Marcus,

After a few weeks of pretty much trouble-free operation, I'm now seeing the same playback problem on that diffused mentioned. Playback has been jumping to 100% on this and the previous version. It's been happening about every 5-15 minutes (so not just from 60%) for me on several podcasts. I'm using an 8330 with 4.5.0.131.

This is pretty much a show-stopping bug for me. Can we have a page with links for downgrading to previous versions?

Thanks,

Mike
chuvisco

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 pm

dtroll wrote:1.17.1 was working fine with my Blackberry Bold until I went to the web browser. I received error messages stating a restart was needed. I did a manual reset on the phone. Things went haywire and failed the startup tests. I uninstalled podtrapper, reboot and everything was fine. I cannot use podtrapper until this is remedied.

Hi dtroll, so reinstalling PodTrapper gives you the same results? Can you give me the error message that happens when you go to the browser? This is the first I've heard of it :/

chuvisco wrote:After a few weeks of pretty much trouble-free operation, I'm now seeing the same playback problem on that diffused mentioned. Playback has been jumping to 100% on this and the previous version. It's been happening about every 5-15 minutes (so not just from 60%) for me on several podcasts. I'm using an 8330 with 4.5.0.131.

Hi Mike, I just released 1.7.2, can you see if that fixes it for you?

chuvisco wrote:Can we have a page with links for downgrading to previous versions?

I can put out whichever version you'd like (and this weekend I'll post them all somewhere). Which one worked best for you?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby chuvisco on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Marcus,

1.7.2 has not skipped on me yet--it looks like the problem has been solved.

Thanks,

Mike
chuvisco

Return to Bugs and help