Version 1.7.1 Playlist issues

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Version 1.7.1 Playlist issues

New postby scottachapin on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 am

Smartphone: BB Storm (OS version 4.7.0.75)

I updated from 1.6.7 to 1.7.1 on Friday and since then I have had trouble with the playlist. When I go to add episodes now, at the end of the adding process, the app crashes, so I can't perfectly document what I experienced before, but here's what I think was going on:

1. Viewing Episodes - in the current version, when I click on the episode (touch interface) or use the View Episode from the menu, nothing happens. Previously it would display the episode details like it does from the main interface

2. Adding Episodes - When I was able to add episodes, they were not being sorted by the assigned sort order that I had configured on each podcast. I'm not sure if it was mixing up ascending from descending or if it was just not sorting them at all.

3. Play Next - I think this used to play the item that was next from my highlight, but now it only plays what's next from the top. I may not be right about the 1.6.7 functionality on this one. Maybe it's related to the View Episode issue since I can't "activate" that to select it.

Two non playlist (and much less critical) issues:

A. When I upgraded to 1.7.1, the podcasts marked as Manual Only for download automatically downloaded their latest episodes.

B. The icon for the Switch Application menu is missing in the current version.

I can still play episodes manually from the main interface, but that is impossible/dangerous when driving! :D
scottachapin

Re: Version 1.7.1 Playlist issues

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey Scott, most (all?) of these should be fixed in 1.7.2. Can you give that a shot and let me know?

(Note, on #3, play next always plays the top item in the playlist, though now you should be able to click on any of them to get to them).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby scottachapin on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 am

Yes. All of these are fixed now in 1.7.2 including the strange crashing issue, except the sorting (#2). The sort order when adding still isn't quite right, but I'm going to manually set the priority on the podcasts again and I bet that will fix it.
scottachapin

New postby DragonMama on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm not seeing "switch application" anywhere in 1.7.2. Playing audiobooks off of SD card. Have to hit back button about 4 times to get out of program to do things like check incoming txt messages. Close command just takes me back to the earlier folder when I'm in subfolders. Red hangup button takes me to the bberry application folders and such tho. I'm using a bberry pearl flip 8220.
DragonMama

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi DragonMama,

I never use the switch applications thing so I totally forgot about it (I always use hang up button). I'll look into it for the next release or so.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help