Bug in setting daily update time

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Bug in setting daily update time

New postby ScanAmerica on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 am

If I edit the settings for a podcast and change the update frequency to Daily and then select a time, much of the time, the time I enter isn't preserved correctly.

For example, I specified I wanted a podcast to be downloaded daily at 4pm. After changing the update frequency to daily at 4pm, if I save my change and then go back into Edit Podcast for the same podcast, the update frequency is reported to be daily at 10:40am.

I tried selecting a download time of 5pm, that gets reported as 10:20am when I return to the edit page, and 6pm gets turned into 11:20am.
ScanAmerica

Re: Bug in setting daily update time

New postby ScanAmerica on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 pm

FYI, in case anyone else runs across this, a strange workaround is to set the update time to daily at 12:00pm, select save, and then edit the settings for the podcast again and set the time to whatever you want. For some reason, if you set the download time to 12pm first (and save) then it correctly remembers the download time.
ScanAmerica

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Turns out it was a timezone issue, can you give it a shot with 1.7.2 and see if it's fixed? (Should be).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ScanAmerica on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 am

Yep, seems to be working fine in 1.7.2.

One thing I noticed is that after I upgraded, all of the times I had entered previously were advanced by 5 hours, I assume this is a side-effect of the bug being fixed and that the 5 hour difference is due to me being in the eastern timezone.

Thanks!
ScanAmerica

New postby jayf on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm

ScanAmerica wrote:FYI, in case anyone else runs across this, a strange workaround is to set the update time to daily at 12:00pm, select save, and then edit the settings for the podcast again and set the time to whatever you want. For some reason, if you set the download time to 12pm first (and save) then it correctly remembers the download time.

I'm having this exact same problem now in version in 2.1.0 and this fix still works.
Thanks!
- J
jayf

Return to Bugs and help