Storm and permissions

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Storm and permissions

New postby dbregman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:12 pm

I am using 1.7.1 and it seems that every time I start PodTrapper, I get the "PodTrapper has detected that permissions are set sucha that PodTrapper may have trouble operating, would you like to fix this?"

I get this every time I start the app (from an exit or battery pull) even though I set all to allow for default and save the permissions. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
dbregman

Re: Storm and permissions

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

I've found that for some reason, on some devices and IT policies, no matter what you do it'll never properly save permissions. I haven't figured out why, but in 99.9% of situations (Well, probably not that many, since I know of 3 people that this happens to and I don't have 1000 users yet, heh) it works fine, saving properly. But for those 3 (you included) it doesn't seem to save.

If you exit out of podtrapper and view the permissions via the main blackberry settings does everything still show allow? I'd love help narrowing this down...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Storm and permissions

New postby dbregman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:26 am

I tried changing the permissions in the Advanced/Applicaitons menu and no luck - it still requests everytime I launch from a full close. Ho Hum. Same with 1.7.2 BTW.

I'll let you know if I figure anything out on this end.

David
dbregman

Return to Bugs and help