Bluetooth

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Bluetooth

New postby glecko on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Another question - I'm trying to switch back and forth between the loudspeaker and bluetooth headset. I have the output set to "auto". I find when I am listening via the speaker, then stop playback, turn on my bluetooth headset, the start playback, it still plays on the loudspeaker. It will only switch to the bluetooth headset if I select it outright from the output menu. Then I can switch back to the "auto" and it continues to play on bluetooth.

Very odd ... anyone else see this?
gregory
8820 : OS4.5 : AT&T : BIS
glecko

Re: Bluetooth

New postby ScanAmerica on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 am

I saw a similar behavior yesterday, the first time it happened since I started using PodTrapper a week ago.

After I saw my BlackBerry pair with my bluetooth device I waited a second and then had PodTrapper begin playing a podcast episode, when it did so the audio came out of the BlackBerry's speaker instead of via Bluetooth. I paused and resumed playback and it still came through the phone's speaker. When I switched playback from Auto to Stereo Bluetooth and then resumed playback the audio came across bluetooth like i expected.

FYI, using the BlackBerry Stereo Bluetooth Gateway to listen to podcasts in the car works great. I have the gateway plugged into my stereo's Aux in jack and power it via the cigarette lighter jack so I can listen to podcasts over the car stereo without messing with an audio cable everytime I get in the car.
ScanAmerica

Re: Bluetooth

New postby marwatk on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 pm

This is, unfortunately, out of my control until I decide to move to OS 4.3 as a target.

The version I'm using, 4.2.1, only allows me to set the audio path, but not to see which audio paths are available, so PodTrapper just has to play dumb and attempt stuff. The 'Auto' setting basically tells podtrapper not to set any audio path and just let the BBMP handle it, which is, sadly, inadequate a lot of the time.

So, long story short, eventually I'll fix it, but I don't want to move away from 4.2.1 until I have a robust version that I can leave for those users when we leave them behind (there are a lot of them).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help