Newbie question: "Object Already Exists" error

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Newbie question: "Object Already Exists" error

New postby ladymadrian on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm

I just downloaded the trial from Crackberry.com today. When I try to open the application on my 8703e, it asks me to change my permissions, so I click "Yes." It says the permissions window will be displayed, and I click "ok." It then exits back out to the main Blackberry window, and says "Uncaught exception: object already exists."

If I click "No" to changing permissions, it gives me the info about the trial version and how to register, and I click "ok." The loading bar goes to 41% (it only displays breifly, so I'm not sure what it is loading) and then I get "There was an error starting up: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException/object already exists."

I tried to start the Postrapper Desktop Downloader on my computer, to see it that was the issue, and nothing happened; the file never opened.

I,m using a 8703e BB with 4.2.1 instaled, and my pc is WinXP SP2.

Thanks!
ladymadrian

Re: Newbie question: "Object Already Exists" error

New postby marwatk on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately PodTrapper only works on blackberries that support microSD cards. The 8703e doesn't support them, so PodTrapper has no place to store downloaded media files. (Definitely correct me if I'm mistaken on the model details).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Newbie question: "Object Already Exists" error

New postby ladymadrian on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, darn. Crackberry.com must have mistakenly put the 8703e into the compatible devices list. =( So it goes. Thanks for the reply!
ladymadrian

Return to Bugs and help