Multiple Pod Trapper Icons

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Multiple Pod Trapper Icons

New postby spartys on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 am

I installed both the BB app and the desktop app a couple days ago (trial version). It is all functioning as it should. For some reason though, I ended up with 2 identical icons on my BB with different names. One is titled 'PodTrapper', the other is called 'PodTrapper Play/Pause'. Why are there 2? Thanks
spartys

Re: Multiple Pod Trapper Icons

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi spartys,

One is for assigning a play/pause button to a convenience key for playing or pausing podtrapper without having it be the app you're using at the moment, you can safely hide it if you don't want to use it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby dleaton on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

Could you please elaborate a little on the play/pause icon. I would like to use the convenience key feature but can't seem to figure out how to set it up. When I click on the play/pause icon it opens up and looks just like the regular pod trapper icon.
dleaton

New postby spartys on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 pm

This is my speculation on trying to figure out the difference between the two buttons. I believe that in order for the play/pause convenience key to perform differently than the standard Podtrapper button, you have to be playing a podcast. If you haven't initiated play on a podcast, it will function the same as the normal button. If, however, you are in the middle of podcast playback, you pause it, or take a call, then re-enter using the play/pause convenience button, play will automatically resume without having to navigate back to the podcast you were playing.

Watch out though, if you paused a podcast earlier that was playing (and forgot about it), and are just wanting to reopen Podtrapper to see if any new podcasts were downloaded, it will start playing immediately. This is embarrasing if you are sitting in a meeting with no headphones on.
spartys

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Heh, basically what spartys said.

It's pretty much a total hack to get around not being able to see the mute key when podtrapper is in the background. I'm open to suggestions on the behavior, though. I can make it do anything, really, even configurable, so let me know if you guys have ideas on how it should work.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help