Permission settings don't take. Keeps rebooting

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Permission settings don't take. Keeps rebooting

New postby spartys on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:54 am

I am using the trial version, having just started using it this week. Anyway, I keep getting a popup message indicating the following: "Permissions settings have become more restrictive. The device must fully reset to fully apply the new settings. Notice 1 of 5". I can choose to rest now or later. If I choose now it reboots the BB. Then each time I re-open program I have to go through the setup again (fixing permissions, allowing access to phone info, etc). Each time I save the changes it makes automatically. Then I get the message I noted above again (Permission settings have changed...). If I choose to apply the settings later, it works fine until the 5th time I reopen the program. Then It reboots.

Is this a trial version problem?
spartys

Re: Permission settings don't take. Keeps rebooting

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 pm

No, sounds like some weird IT policy setting (there are about a million of them). If you cancel out of PodTrapper attempting to make changes what happens?

Also, can you go to the advanced settings of your berry and go to applications and try to set podtrapper's permissions there and see what happens?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help