Crashes & Purchase

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Crashes & Purchase

New postby Shayna on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:25 pm

I've been using PodTrapper on my 8120 for about a week now and LOVE it. However, I am having a couple of issues. First of all, I'll say I'm a heavy user (podcast addict) and have 45 audio subscriptions and listen about 10 hours a day. With that said, I'm not surprised I'm pushing the programs to its limits. About every 2 hours I get an uncaught exception error with various 3 digit numbers (194? 164?) and then I restart the program and all is well. About every 4 hours, my BB memory is drained (unresponsive spinning icon, missing call log) and I do a battery pull and again, all is well. Also, I purchased (via PayPal) this weekend and haven't been activated. My PayPal is under peppersmama at gmail.com and my BB email in PodTrapper did show swilliams at hawleytroxell.com (work address) and when I noticed that I changed it. Anyway, not sure how I get the activation, but since I restart the program so many times, it's one less screen I have to go through :) If you need any other info, do let me know. Thanks for the software, it's amazing. You should get on Twitter, I even posted about it a few times, its a great way to communicate with users and get more customers :)

Shayna
Shayna

Re: Crashes & Purchase

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Shayna,

Definitely sounds like memory issues, but I'd be curious to see what the actual error message you're getting says.

I'm working on more memory improvements for the next version (disabling album art and cleaning up old podcasts faster), so hopefully that'll help a little, but I've noticed no matter what I do there are leaks (even without PodTrapper running).

I wrote a piece of software that charts available memory over time, and even without PodTrapper running it slowly decreases, but PodTrapper definitely exacerbates the problem. Wish I had a better answer...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Shayna on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Ok, I just crashed after adding some podcasts to the download queue. I was not listening or otherwise using the device. The error is "uncaught except: application podtrapper (165) is not responding; process terminated.

Any news on my PayPay purchase? Thanks!

Shayna
Shayna

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Shayna, did you not get a key yet? If not shoot me an email with your PIN.

1.8.0 (pre-releasing as soon as my compiler cooperates) should fix the crashes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby audioeng on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I am also getting the same crash while downloading via WiFi on my 8320.
I had just done a full wipe and upgraded to 4.5.124 and had only installed PodTrapper. I was not able to restore my settings so it was a clean install of 1.72 on a new clean copy of the OS.

There is one thing I will try before sending a log. It is reformatting the MediaCard in my computer. According to some posts at Crackberry, if the MediaCard gets corrupted it can cause java exceptions(crashes). Since this crash is occurring while downloading a podcast to the media card I this this might be the problem. I will report back my results tomorrow.

Sounds like we might have a new version soon to test for this crash as well :)
audioeng

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I just released 1.8.0 if you want to try that instead. It should be less crashy all around.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh, and if you upgrade your BB OS and lose your podtrapper settings you can get them back in the general settings 'Restore from backup' as long as you haven't yet exited podtrapper.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby New BB Storm User on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:03 pm

I just purchased the podtrapper for my BB Storm; how do I launch it and enter my registration code?

Thanks
New BB Storm User

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm

New BB Storm User wrote:I just purchased the podtrapper for my BB Storm; how do I launch it and enter my registration code?

Hi there, it should show up in your download folder on the Storm, from there you can hit the menu and choose 'Settings', then 'Registration settings' to enter your code. Let me know if I can assist further.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help