A teeny tiny lockscreen playback bug

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

A teeny tiny lockscreen playback bug

New postby Loopy on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

1) Start Podtrapper
2) Go to the "play screen" (with the icons for play, ff, rew, etc.) of the last played podcast (or a new one)
3) Invoke the Podtrapper keylock (press L)
4) Press the Mute button to play the podcast - it won't work!

I found that I need to play/pause the podcast first using the trackball or the spacebar before locking the screen for the Mute key to be enabled.

This is only an issue when you first start Podtrapper.
Loopy

Re: A teeny tiny lockscreen playback bug

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Loopy,

This one is hard to fix. The mute button only plays and pauses the already playing podcast, but since you're not playing a podcast before kicking into the lock screen, the mute button doesn't know what to play (I know that doesn't make sense, since the playback screen was up, but PodTrapper doesn't really know that you want to play that one once it's no longer the active screen (there can actually be many of those open in certain situations)).

The easiest 'fix' would be to either click the trackball one final time when viewing the controls (clicking the trackball on the progress bar when viewing the controls acts like the play/pause button), or hitting space before hitting L.

Does that work?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Loopy on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:15 pm

It's ok... I did say that the "bug" was both teeny and tiny.

I would just think that after selecting the "PodTrapper playing..." menu item, it would then know what PodTrapper was playing. :)
Loopy

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought this was after finishing an old episode or something. I should definitely make play/pause (and the mute key) start the most recently played if it hasn't finished. I'll add it to the list.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help