Audio not returing to external speakers after alert

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Audio not returing to external speakers after alert

New postby hgieson on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:31 pm

I am not sure if I should have created a new topic for this or not. If there is a topic for this already please place this post in the right place. I did read through the posts and I did not see anyone else that is having this problem.

Here is the issue:
I have a Storm 9530 and I am running Podtrapper v1.7.2.
When playing back a podcast it plays through the device speaker even if I have external speakers connected through the stero port. If I unplug the external speakers while the podcast is playing and plug them back in then playback switches to the external speakers. Similiarly when listening to a podcast on the external speakers and an alert (or phone call) comes in the playback pauses, the alert is played, and then playback resumes but only through the internal speaker. Again if I unplug the external speakers and plug them back in, then playback goes through the external speakers.

I love podtrapper, but this issue keeps me from using it because its to hard to be plugging and unplugging when I'm driving down the road.

Thanks for any assitance you can provide.
hgieson

Re: Audio not returing to external speakers after alert

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi there,

This is actually a known OS issue with some versions of the Storm OS. From what I've heard there are OS updates that fix it, but I'm not sure which versions do or whether they're official or not (I don't have a storm to test with). Unfortunately it's out of my control :(

Some users have reported work-arounds via selecting different outputs first, or having it connected and then play, or the workaround you discovered, but sadly they're all hacks to get around the bug in the OS.

Hope this helps,

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help