more episodes downloaded than allowed - 2.0 bug? (maybe not)

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

more episodes downloaded than allowed - 2.0 bug? (maybe not)

New postby Schnitty on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:35 pm

using the "all cnet" pc as the basis for this (that's a good one for large numbers of downloads).

my all cnet pc shows 4 pc's ready and 12 not downloaded. none from this pc are in the download queue.

in my default podcast settings, i have "unfinished number to keep" set to 22, and my "max to auto-download" set to 22 (easiest number to get to, just hit "2" twice, instead of trying to scroll thru the list)

this should queue up the rest of the pc's in the "all cnet" pc (this is not a space issue, as other episodes from other pc's are queued up and downloading)

when i go into the pc, if i pick "[re]download this episode", i get "Note: This podcast has more episodes downloaded than allowed, some will be auto deleted. would you like more info?" if i click yes, it tells me that the default is 4 (which is what is downloaded now), but that this can be changed in the "edit podcast" menu item from the main screen.

if i go to the main screen, i do see that i can change this for my podcast (in fact, this clearly invalidates a feature request i put in last night, i'll go update that post). however, shouldn't it default to what is set for all my default settings? or does it default to what was in the default settings when i added that pc and not get changed?
BlackBerry 8900 (AT&T) - OS 5.0.0.592
PodTrapper 2.6.9
Schnitty

Re: more episodes downloaded than allowed - 2.0 bug? (maybe not)

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey there,

Yeah, the default podcast settings are only used for new podcasts. I have it on my todo list to be able to apply the default settings to other podcasts in your list, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mgerbasio on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 am

Is there a way to force it to download the remaining podcasts or do we need to wait for this fix? Thanks.

Regards-Michael G.
mgerbasio

New postby arkolbus on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 pm

mgerbasio wrote:Is there a way to force it to download the remaining podcasts or do we need to wait for this fix? Thanks.

Regards-Michael G.

You can manually adjust the settings per podcast. Highlight the podcast, go to the menu, select "Edit Podcast", and increase the "Unfinished number to keep" and "Max to auto-download". When I was working my way through archives, I set these to 100 (max).

You'll have to do this manually for each podcast you want to modify.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby mgerbasio on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Nice. Thanks.
mgerbasio

New postby arkolbus on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:00 pm

mgerbasio wrote:Nice. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Here's another bit of experience which may be helpful:
When I started using podtrapper, I was up-to-date on most of my podcasts, but was working through the archives of a few others. I increased the playback priority number of the podcasts with archives, so that they were automatically put at the end of my playlist (playback priority sorts ascending, so higher numbers go to the end). This way, for podcasts that I was caught up with, new episodes were put at the top of my playlist, and I kept up-to-date (especially helpful for news). Then, when I was finished listening to new episodes, podtrapper automatically played through my archives. When I got all caught up with a podcast, I set its priority back to default.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 pm

arkolbus bails me out again :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby arkolbus on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:05 am

marwatk wrote:arkolbus bails me out again :)

-Marcus

I don't mind, as long as it means you get to put in more dev time on PT!
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help