Several Issues on Curve 8330

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Several Issues on Curve 8330

New postby kaediil on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:48 pm

So, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but let me describe the behavior.

1) I just downloaded tadu versio 2.0. It seemed to download some podcasts when I first added the podcasts. Listening had some interesting issues at firsd almost like a skipping record but after maybe 10 seconds it was ok. Then if I pause a podcast and try to restart it I get:Error Resuming playback: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException/null I get this forever after that for the particular podcast. Exiting and resatrting the app, hard resetting my BlackBerry doe snot fix it. Also, any kind of attempts to move around to the beginning, end or fast forward casuses that same error. I have to resort to listening using the BB media player.

3) I tried to set different times for each podcast since they come out at different times. First, if I try to change the time by advancing the hours and saving, the save does not take. For example, if it says 1:30 AM and I go forward to 2:30AM and save I come back it says 1:30 still. If instead I go backwards all the way around to 2:30 and save it takes??? This was pretty consistent behavior.

4) I set a podacast to load at 8:30PM and it happily blew past 8:30PM and did nothing. Does it go sometime around 8:30 or will it go exactly at 8:30PM?

-kaediil
kaediil

Re: Several Issues on Curve 8330

New postby marwatk on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi,

1) ControlledAccessException is generally caused by a permissions issue, but your symptoms don't match that. Nor does the fact that you could play it first :( Can you check your perms just to make sure?

2) Where's number 2? :)

3) I'll check this one out, thanks for letting me know.

4) It's plus or minus about 10 minutes. To save battery it goes to sleep for 10 minutes at a time, when it wakes up it checks to see if it needs to update stuff and does so.

Definitely let me know on the permissions thing. Also, is your media card encrypted?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby kaediil on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Sorry, I got a little busy so I am just getting back to this.
It was a permissions problem. I am not sure how it happened since I do not remember changing anything, but chalk that one up to stupid user issue. Thanks very much. Now, on the other hand, does the app really need all the permissions set to allow? It just seems like a bad idea even though no viruses really exist, to give an appfull permissions to the entier OS.

And number 2 I have no idea :lol: I am sure I typed part of it then figured it out and removed the comment but did not renumber.

Got it on number 4. Now everything seems to be working great.
kaediil

New postby marwatk on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Yes and no on the permissions thing.

The problem is that the BB doesn't distinguish between innocuous things like checking to see if you're on a call (to pause or restart playback) and not so innocuous stuff like reading your phone log. In doing what it does PodTrapper generally ends up touching every part of the device in some way (though not quite everything, most everything).

I just put this together to explain them:
http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Pod ... issions.3F

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help