100 overall limit for podcasts?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

100 overall limit for podcasts?

New postby DeadRinga on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:43 pm

I just downloaded a trial of podtrapper and it looks awesome. Only issue i see is i downloaded a feed with 300+ podcasts on it but podtrapper only sees the first 50 or so and the last 50 or so.
Will this change as i listen to more podcasts or does it only read 100 posts from an rss feed? Or perhaps is this a trial limitation? Before i spend the cash i'd like to know if this is going to work. :)
Thanks!
DeadRinga

Re: 100 overall limit for podcasts?

New postby DeadRinga on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:48 pm

oops, i think i posted this in the wrong forum, please move if you could.
DeadRinga

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi DeadRinga,

The latest beta (available here) allows you to define the number that PT will try to load, note though, that they consume BB internal memory, so it's not recommended to go too high (though there is an unlimited setting).

The first 50 and last 50 thing is because some podcasts publish at the end and some at the beginning, so getting half on each end ensures you have the latest episodes.

Once you bump the amount it downloads, use the 'Update and sort' menu option in the episode list (also new in this beta) to get them in the correct order.

Hope this helps.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby DeadRinga on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for your response. I have the latest from that page, 2.0, but dont see the option anywhere. Am i missing something?
DeadRinga

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Whoops, sorry about that. I gave you the wrong link, I corrected it in that post.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help