file error opening folder when playing file

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

file error opening folder when playing file

New postby jack on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Using 2.0 on an 8830 w os 4.5 I get an error code when trying to open the folder containing an ebook in which I have played one chapter. The error is
"there was an error performing this action: java.lang.illegalargumentexeption: null"

closing podtrapper and reopening doesn't help although I can get into other folders.

I've found as well that when playing a file that I cannot delete the file unless I shut down podtrapper and restart or I get an error code (although I didn't happen to write it down)
jack

Re: file error opening folder when playing file

New postby jack on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm

I managed to clear the problem by exiting PT, starting media player, and deleting the chapter that I had read. Now PT can open the folder. I suspect that it's related the the general error I have been getting when trying to delete a file after listening to it (I'll try changing "delete episodes after listening" to NO and see if that makes any difference, but it would be nice to get this bug fixed (I know adding the delete file function is a new feature, one that i'm happy to have, so i hope you can fix it!)
jack
jack

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 am

I'm still trying to track it down. My guess is it freaks out if it's attempted to be deleted while it's still playing in the media player (or at least still loaded in the media player).

Can you let me know what error you were seeing when you tried to delete it?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jack on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:57 pm

It was the error listed in the first post. And just to be clear, I wasn't using media player in any way (except at the very end, as the only way to delete the file) so it was never playing in media player. And in most cases I've stopped the file before trying to delete it, so it wasn't actively playing when I tried to delete.

Jack
jack

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the details. The issue (I think) stems from the fact that PodTrapper is actually using the BB media player in the background, and sometimes it doesn't unload properly. Next time it happens can I have you shoot me a copy of the logs via the 'Email developer' menu item (you may already have, but the more instances I can get the better).

Thanks, hopefully I'll get this one tracked down soon.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help