Restore Podcasts After Wipe

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Restore Podcasts After Wipe

New postby jayf on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:00 pm

First of all, I'd like to say that this is the first application I've bought since buying my Storm 2 months ago. I use it constantly night and day, Podtrapper that is. It's incredible. :D

I recently wiped my phone to cleanly install the new v4 hybrid. I backed everything up before hand and restored everything successfully, except my podcasts :(. I see this has been covered before but I do not have any Backup/Restore options in my General Settings. Were they taken out with v2.0.2? It looks like I still have all the data files in the potrapper directory on the media card but for some reason it won't load them.

Is there any possible way to re-load them without going through the pain of remembering them and re-finding them and adding them and configuring/scheduling them? I had at least 20 podcasts in there :(

Thanks Very Much
- J
jayf

Re: Restore Podcasts After Wipe

New postby jayf on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 am

I went and manually added back one of my podcasts and it came back ok except that it has the picture of one of my other podcasts :?
jayf

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi there,

No, they should still be there in 2.0.2 (I just checked on my phone). Are you looking in the menu, or just in the screen area (you have to hit the menu to see the restore option). Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jayf on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:15 pm

Oh wow I didn't even think to hit the Menu button.

When I tried restoring 2.0.2 it gave me the same couple of podcasts i had re-added already. But when I restored 2.0.1 they all came back. The few that I had re-added since were now doubled but that is ok.

So it automatically backs everything up every time you exit? Is that how it works? If I had restored 2.0.2 the very first time I went back in after the wipe I would have been right back where I left it? In theory anyway?

Should we get in the habit of exporting podcasts every once in a while or do we not need to do that because of you auto-backup functionality?

I guess now after all my podcasts get caught up I can just re-install 2.0.2 and it will be done, eh?

Thanks a lot Marcus, sorry for all the questions :)
- J
jayf

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Heh, yeah, I'm working on presenting the restore menu if backups are detected but we don't have any data when it starts up.

Here's general info on how PodTrapper tries to keep data around:
http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Bac ... r_settings

Definitely let me know if that doesn't answer anything for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help