Firewall Permission Issues.

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Firewall Permission Issues.

New postby Tripper_ on Wed May 13, 2009 2:43 pm

First let me say that you have created a fantastic program :D . I have the BB 8900 and have enabled the firewall. I really need to keep the firewall enabled so I'm not pestered every time I run certain third party apps (example opera mini, bolt browser). I give them permission once and I'm done with it. The problem is I give Podtrapper permission but it gives me the error "The application podtrapper has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". My phone is unlocked and I don't subscribe to any data plan. I just use Wi-Fi at home and the office. I have no problem giving permission to any other program and it working correctly. Your program works great with firewall disabled, but it's going to drive me crazy constantly having to give the other programs permission every time I run them. Thanks for any help.
Tripper_

Re: Firewall Permission Issues.

New postby marwatk on Wed May 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Unfortunately this is a bug in the BB OS (that still hasn't been fixed afaik).

This forum post has more details, but basically it boils down to the only option being keeping the firewall off. Wish I had a better answer :(

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim ... .id=177276

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Firewall Permission Issues.

New postby Tripper_ on Wed May 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
Tripper_

Return to Bugs and help