java.lang.NullPointerException/null

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

java.lang.NullPointerException/null

New postby Brian on Mon May 18, 2009 10:33 pm

I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.4 and I got the error: java.lang.NullPointerException/null It is telling me it can't find my podcast directory. Closed out by exiting before I upgraded. Don't want to lose all my podcasts. What do I do?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException/null

New postby marwatk on Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Brian, you shouldn't lose anything, but just in case you may want to copy all of the PT_B_* files from your sd card to a safe place. (they contain backups of the important Podtrapper settings, no need to worry about the other types like PT_E or PT_T, etc).

If you point it at your podtrapper directory does it come up ok? If your settings are gone, try following the steps in the second section here:
http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Bac ... r_settings

Don't worry about losing stuff, as long as you have the PT_B_* files safe you'll be able to restore your old settings.

Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Brian on Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Rebooted and it came back up.

Another problem I keep having. Sticks at opening USB on the desktop downloader until I reboot the blackberry twice. it is very consistant...I have to reboot twice everytime. Keep getting java error on the first boot. Second boot then has no errors and desktop download recognizes blackberry. Then the podtrapper episodes sometimes download and sometimes just queue up. Any ideas?
Brian

New postby Brian on Wed May 20, 2009 8:52 pm

I wanted to add this info to my question. It sticks on the desktop app at this:

VSerialVer: 256
MUX Version: 512
EVDO Modem Version: 256
ESN: 1281234208
HubAddress: \DosDevices\HCD4\2
Power: 500
DeviceName: \\?\USB#VID_0FCA&PID_8004&MI_00#6&222e7a09&0&0000#{80375827-83b8-4a51-b39b-905fedd4f118}
Opening Channel: PodtrapperUSB

Just stays there until I reboot the BB twice.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian

New postby Brian on Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Also says on BB:

Uncaught exception: Application podtrapper (160) is not responding; process terminated
Brian

New postby marwatk on Thu May 21, 2009 5:07 pm

So this happens every time you plug it in? :/ What kind of BB and what OS are you running?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Brian on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 am

Verizon 8330 v 4.3.0.127
I have a 8 gig Micro SD card that the podtrapper software is pointed at.

Also, it will not download anything now. Seems to just keep checking all my podcasts and queuing up the shows with no downloads. Tried to clear all of them and that didn't work.

Updated to latest version today and no help.

Still need to reboot twice and still getting the java errors.

I have quite a few podcasts that I listen to and would hate to have to reenter them but is this going to be my best bet? I really am missing my podcasts and using podtrapper. It just isn't working right now.
Brian

New postby marwatk on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:45 pm

There's one feed in your logs that is causing some of the problem:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/podcasts/entpodcast.rss

That's actually no longer there, so PT keeps trying to update it. (I need to handle failure better I think) Unfortunately that single podcast is taking up all the 'failed' log spots, so I can't see any others having a problem. Can you delete that feed and shoot me another copy of the logs after a while?

And just to confirm, you're using 1.2 of the desktop downloader? Also, have you considered moving to OS 4.5 (not sure if that will help, but for now I'm not seeing anything that would cause the termination problem).

Let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help