Staying behind

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Staying behind

New postby countstex on Fri May 22, 2009 3:10 am

OK, I'm not sure if this is me wanting to use the software in an odd way, or just not experimenting with the settings enough but at the moment things work like this:

I have a podcast set to only keep 2 active episodes.
If a new episode comes out it downloads it, and deletes the oldest episode.

Is there a way for me to have it not download the new episode until I've listened to one of the current episodes without turning off auto-update and having to manage it manually?
countstex

Re: Staying behind

New postby marwatk on Fri May 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Yup, you can set the number to auto-download to zero. Then it'll only download ones you tell it to, but will keep updating the episode list.

Let me know if that's not what you were after.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby countstex on Fri May 22, 2009 5:35 pm

It's what I thought was true, but not quite what I was thinking might be a way I would use certain podcasts. I want it to auto-download, but only when one of the two 'download slots' I have for that podcast becomes empty by me deleting an episode I have downloaded, either manually or by listening to it (with auto delete enabled)

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in this method to be honest, but in terms of limiting space used without 'missing' any episodes I thought it would be useful...
countstex

New postby marwatk on Fri May 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Ah, you should be able to accomplish that via the 'Download more' setting in the main download settings. This will always keep you with your number after you download. So, for example, when you delete an episode, it will download the next available one. The downside is if you ever get under the number it won't download more new ones to fill it back up when they become available.

I'll have to think about that one.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby countstex on Mon May 25, 2009 5:46 am

So that would function just how i want, but with a semi-enforced limit on 1 actual download, if I get caught up? That I can live with :)
countstex

Return to Bugs and help