Blackberry Blackout

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Blackberry Blackout

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 10:02 am

This is the second time this has happened in the life of my berry. I am in PT(both times), it is downloading in the background, I'm backing out of a page in PT and suddenly, DEAD. I can only resuscitate it with a battery pull. I would send you logs Marcus, but obviously I can't at that moment. :(
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: Blackberry Blackout

New postby marwatk on Sun May 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi diffused,

What do you mean by dead? Can you describe what's on/not on the screen and what keys you're allowed to do, lights, etc? My guess is I won't be able to do much about it, but the symptoms can help point me in the right direction.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Well, blackout is just that, blackout, nada, nill, completely black, no powerswitch available, no sign of life. Only a batterypull brought it back. I've never had this happen any other time. Just twice in PT.
diffused~

diffused

New postby arkolbus on Sun May 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Any chance it was a video podcast (or maybe a random video episode)? When I first switched to PT, videos caused similar problems, and I had to unsubscribe from all video podcasts. I don't remember if the symptoms were identical, but they were similar.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Although I wasn't watching anything, only snooping throughout, I noticed it was attempting to download one I have.
diffused~

diffused

New postby marwatk on Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Next time it happens can you try to press Alt+QUIT (hold alt while pressing them). This should (if PodTrapper is just stuck) trigger it to exit. Let me know how it goes. It's a backdoor supported by the OS, so if the phone is responsive at all it should work. If it does then there's a place in podtrapper that's causing a lockup, but it's not an OS thing (or at least hopefully). If it doesn't it sounds like it's going to be an OS thing related to downloading (could still be PT, but less likely).

Let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll try to remember to do that. Hopefully I won't need to. I did disable thumb nails and will try it all out tomorrow and go from there. I'll let you know of any issues.
diffused~

diffused

Return to Bugs and help