Silence Ringer pauses/plays when pt does NOT have focus

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Silence Ringer pauses/plays when pt does NOT have focus

New postby grey on Sun May 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Running 2.09 on a Storm, the Silence Ringer button (on top of phone) used to pause/play PodTrapper ONLY when PodTrapper has the screen focus. Now it works when it is not the "on the screen" running app. Actually, even if the phone is asleep in a holster, it still pauses/plays. Personally, I haven't decided if this is good or bad yet...I could go either way, but I thought you should know. It's not how it used to work.

Grey
grey

Re: Silence Ringer pauses/plays when pt does NOT have focus

New postby arkolbus on Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 pm

It's not clear what the intent of this post was, so here goes. I'm assuming (since this is the "Bugs and Help" forum that either (a) you need help or (b) you're posting about a bug.

a) In case you're not aware, this behavior (along with the convenience keys) is controlled under Settings -> Keyboard settings.
b) If the current behavior does not match what's specified, then it would be best to clarify so that Marcus can fix it.

If you're just commenting on the new default behavior, this probably isn't the best forum. It's not really a big deal, but if that's the case then it invalidates my assumptions, and sorry for the unnecessary post.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby grey on Sun May 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Well, I put it here because none of the previous versions worked this way, therefore, I figured (possibly incorrect) it must be a bug. One problem that I encountered from it, was that after pausing what I was listening to, going to other screens on my BB, then holstering, I must have pressed the Silence Ringer button (by accident) and PodTrapper played along for 30 minutes without me realizing it. KNowing it works this way for now (bug or not), I can be more careful. But I'm not sure that Marcus intending it to work this way.

Grey
grey

New postby marwatk on Sun May 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

I actually never realized that that button also silences the ringer. I think the best solution here is for me to ignore that button during calls in progress/ringing (which I should have done from the beginning, now that I think about it, since if you're on a call and want to mute it shouldn't try to play PT, heh).

I do want to allow that button to play/pause at all time (or some other action you configure), though. You can disable it in the Keyboard settings like arkolbus suggested if it's not a feature you'd like to use.

Let me know if this doesn't work for anyone.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby grey on Sun May 24, 2009 3:55 pm

The play/pause off that button is a must have for me. It's the quickest way to pause what your listening to without having to actually look at the phone (like if someone walks up to you while your listening). But in previous versions, it only worked if podtrapper had the focus. Now it works no matter what has the focus. I wasn't sure if that was intentional or accidental. It also could have something to do with the new BB OS .148.

Grey
grey

New postby marwatk on Sun May 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Grey,

It's intentional. If you got to the keyboard setting screen you can actually disable/enable it for the various modes (focus, background, locked), so you should be able to get the old behavior out of it. Let me know if otherwise.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help