Episodes stopping and deleting during playback

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Episodes stopping and deleting during playback

New postby arkolbus on Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 pm

I've been experiencing some cases of podcast episodes being stopped and deleted in the middle of playback. I haven't noticed this before today. I've added some new podcasts, but I'm not sure if that's related.

Some examples are episode "Nature Extra: Jeffrey Sachs" from the Nature podcast, and "NYT: Science Times for 4/28/2009" from the Science Times podcast. It's happened during some others this afternoon, but I don't remember which ones. I wasn't paying close attention, as I initially thought it was a fluke (partially downloaded or otherwise corrupt file).

I've sent my logs via email.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Episodes stopping and deleting during playback

New postby marwatk on Mon May 25, 2009 5:39 pm

I checked out your logs and the only places I see the player stopping was after a MEDIA_END notice from the media player (though it does send those if the file goes away for some reason, like if PT deleted it due to a bug, in which case the bug would be that PT is deleting it before it stops, which causes the stop). It does look like in your logs that it got the MEDIA_END thing way before the duration, though, so either it was a bad download or PT did indeed delete it.

Interstingly the podcast that shows that also shows up in your download queue again. Did you readd it?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Episodes stopping and deleting during playback

New postby arkolbus on Mon May 25, 2009 5:46 pm

I re-downloaded all of the failed episodes, since they all terminated and deleted way before they should have been.

I just finished listening to one of the episodes that I re-downloaded, and it completed normally. May have been a transient error, but I'll be sure to let you know if it happens again.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help