Certain podcasts not resolving

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Certain podcasts not resolving

New postby chrishuey on Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Hello,

I am having a problem (and have not seen a post addressing it). I have entered all my podcasts by add podcasts manually, and some will not load. By will not load i mean they sit on the main screen listing only the url for the podcast. In past experiences, these podcasts have loaded before. I cannot figure out exactly why they won't load now.
An example of a podcast that isn't loading is http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/rad ... is/rss.xml. It has loaded in the past on other installations.
Any help?
chrishuey

Re: Certain podcasts not resolving

New postby marwatk on Thu May 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Chris,

Can you send me a copy of the logs? They're generally the only way for me to get at the root of the issue.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Certain podcasts not resolving

New postby marwatk on Thu May 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Actually I just checked that one out and there aren't any episodes in it (PodTrapper assumes something went wrong if a feed doesn't have any episodes).

That podcast says this:

Analysis makes sense of the ideas that change the world. What made Islam political, whether the Government can make us go green, why we think the market in human organs is repugnant are just some of the subjects the series tackles. With thought-provoking and expert presenters, Analysis aims to make the world of policy and ideas both interesting and surprising. There are 26 episodes a year, in three series. Podcasts are available for a week after transmission while the programme is on air.

Hope that helps.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help