Delete confirmation; scrolling bug

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Delete confirmation; scrolling bug

New postby c5karl on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks for the steady stream of bug fixes and enhancements (very happy to be able to pause with the mute button when Podtrapper's out of focus).

Two small issues:

1) All the BlackBerry system apps offer [D]elete and [C]ancel options in the confirmation dialogue for deleting. Podtrapper uses [Y]es and [N]o. My finger hits the [D] button every time before I remember to confirm with a [Y] in Podtrapper. The Delete/Cancel choice seems to be a BlackBerry UI standard.

2) A new issue that 2.1.0 seems to have introduced: When you've drilled all the way down to an individual podcast, the first time you scroll down through the text, the cursor skips from the first line of text down to the last line. Once this has happened, you can scroll normally up and down through the text.

I'm running 2.1.0 on a Bold 9000 on AT&T (v.4.6.0.167, platform 4.0.0.217)

Keep up the good work.
c5karl

Re: Delete confirmation; scrolling bug

New postby marwatk on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi, thanks!

c5karl wrote:1) All the BlackBerry system apps offer [D]elete and [C]ancel options in the confirmation dialogue for deleting. Podtrapper uses [Y]es and [N]o. My finger hits the [D] button every time before I remember to confirm with a [Y] in Podtrapper. The Delete/Cancel choice seems to be a BlackBerry UI standard.

Will do.

c5karl wrote:2) A new issue that 2.1.0 seems to have introduced: When you've drilled all the way down to an individual podcast, the first time you scroll down through the text, the cursor skips from the first line of text down to the last line. Once this has happened, you can scroll normally up and down through the text.

I have a feeling this is caused by the thumbnail getting loaded. Is that possible? I'll check it out for sure on my end, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Delete confirmation; scrolling bug

New postby c5karl on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 am

You're exactly right about the scrolling issue. If I wait for the thumbnail to load, scrolling works normally.

It's a lot more noticeable when the phone doesn't have a WiFi connection, because the thumbs take a lot longer to load.
c5karl

Return to Bugs and help