Blackberry Bold goes to standby when playing videos

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Blackberry Bold goes to standby when playing videos

New postby kirlam on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:31 am

Hi

I've been using PodTrapper for a while and LOVE it - never had a moments trouble.

However, since the upgrade to version 2.1.0 I can no longer playback video podcasts. The videos start to play as per normal but after the usual "stand-by" time for my blackberry the screen fades to black and the playback stops. I have to keep moving the trackball to stop the video from suspending. I never had this problem with the previous version. Audio playback has always faded the screen to standby but in the previous version of PodTrapper if I played a video podcast the screen stayed lit until the end of the playback.

I'm running BB OS v4.6.0.126 (Platform 4.0.0.135).

The really odd thing is that my partner also has a Blackberry Bold and runs Podtrapper 2.1.0 but DOESN'T have this problem - although the BB OS on the working one is slightly different - it's OS v4.6.0.92 (Platform 4.0.0.117).

Really hope you can help - I travel quite a bit and my PodTrapper is the only thing that keeps me sane when I'm sitting around airports.

Thanks

Kev
kirlam

Re: Blackberry Bold goes to standby when playing videos

New postby kirlam on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:45 am

Oops - just found another post with a similar issue (I did search first but didn't see anything - honest).

Have installed the beta 2.1.1 and it works perfectly.

Thank you so much
kirlam

Re: Blackberry Bold goes to standby when playing videos

New postby marwatk on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 am

Great, definitely let me know if you run into any more trouble.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help